Become a Caregiver
AnswerCare is looking for caring individuals to meet the growing demand for skilled home caregivers. If you are a Canton caregiver or a senior care provider in one of the surrounding communities, AnswerCare has employment opportunities for you.
It takes a special person to be a caregiver at AnswerCare. Someone who finds joy in caring for others. “The Heart of a Caregiver” is a phrase used to describe the attributes we look for in a person when selecting a caregiver. We feel these attributes are crucial to the successful performance of caregiving and client advocacy.
The “Heart of a Caregiver” attributes:
Compassion, patience, respect of others property, trustworthy, positive attitude, promptness, calming nature, discernment, servant’s attitude, and a friendly disposition.
Job Description & Duties:
- Assist with the Activities of Daily Living (feeding, bathing, grooming, picking out attire, dressing, transferring, toileting and maintaining continence).
- Assist with the Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (transportation, shopping, preparing meals, managing finances and medication reminders).
- Monitor and report daily on the client’s physical, emotional and social framework through our Family Room Portal.
- Provide companionship through conversation and social interaction.
- Perform light housekeeping and laundry duties.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Adhere to AnswerCare start times and absenteeism policy.
- Implement the client’s CarePlan.
- Participate in continuing education provided through AnswerCare.
What’s in it for you?
- Job security working in a growing industry.
- Flexible hours.
- Fully insured and bonded.
- Competitive wages.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Comprehensive training programs to aid you in your career path.
- Rewarding career that makes a difference in the lives of people and their families.
- Being part of a successful team.
- The opportunity for career advancement.
- Possess a valid drivers license
- Possess or have access to reliable transportation
- Possess and maintain active auto insurance
- Possess and demonstrate having the attributes of the “Heart of a Caregiver”
- Agree by contract to AnswerCare standards and regulations.
Licensure & Background Checks
AnswerCare team members must participate in an intensive onboarding and orientation process, as well as ongoing training and education to keep skills sharp and meet a wide variety of client care needs – from client safety to Alzheimer’s care. Regular performance evaluations will be conducted to help ensure consistent, high-quality care.
The Next Step:
Thank you for showing an interest in AnswerCare.