Dependable Care Families Can Count On
Caring for a loved one is both rewarding and challenging. Many family caregivers, in addition to providing care for an older loved one, are frequently juggling the responsibilities of a career, raising school-aged children, and managing a home. With so many responsibilities, little time is left for self-care or to nurture the relationship with a spouse and friends. This can lead to excess stress and physical and mental health implications. Our respite care in Canton, OH and the nearby communities can help.
We understand the pressures family caregivers face and that’s why we are here to help! Our caregiving team can serve as a trusted partner, supplementing the excellent care you are already providing by giving family caregivers the opportunity to step away for a few hours, or even overnight. Research studies show that family caregivers who take time for self-care, including maintaining friendships, prioritizing their health and healthcare appointments, and nurturing hobbies and interests, are better able to provide the care needed for aging loved ones.
Just a few of the many ways in which we can help with respite care in Canton, OH and the surrounding areas include:
- Companionship to alleviate loneliness, boredom and isolation
- Engaging activities such as games, puzzles, exercise, hobbies/interests, etc.
- Personal care assistance such as safe bathing/showering, getting dressed, using the toilet and incontinence care
- Planning and preparing nutritious meals and snacks
- Transportation to appointments and social outings
- Medication reminders
- Light housekeeping and laundry services
- And many more
With customized care solutions that are tailored to the specific needs of each client and his or her family, our respite care services are available to fit your unique schedule – from several hours each week, up to and including 24/7 care.